ACCREDITATION OPENS FOR 2019 FIA WRC CANDIDATE EVENT AND AFRICA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP SAFARI RALLY KENYA - 5-7 JULY 2019
Nairobi, Kenya, June 27, 2019 The 2019 FIA WRC Candidate Event and Africa Rally Championship Safari Rally will take place in Nairobi, Kiambu and Nakuru counties in Kenya between Friday 5 and Sunday 9 July 2019.
The event is organized by the WRC Safari Rally Project on behalf of the Kenya Motor Sport Federation (KMSF).
The WRC Safari Rally Project media briefing is scheduled at 13:00 CET (TBC), on Thursday 4 July 2019. It will be held at the WRC Safari Rally Project, Gate 9, Kasarani Stadium, off Thika road, 7km from Nairobi Central District.
The media briefing is open to all media (writers, reporters, photographers, broadcasters). Those wishing to attend must apply to firstname.lastname@example.org so we are able to accommodate numbers.
The media briefing summary will be available on www.safarirally.co.ke website and other online platforms and individual inboxes.
The Press Office will also provide images, free to use for editorial coverage.
The Media Centre at Kasarani Stadium will be opened from 2 July 2019. The Main Press Centre at Rally Headquarters will be moved to Sopa Lodge in Naivasha from July 4 until July 7. A media sub-centre will also be available at Soysambu Ranch which will be the location of Day 2 action for use by the field media.
More information about the opening hours is available on Rally Guide 2 on www.safarirally.co.ke.
Media accreditation process
A media pass will be required to access the media centre and attend the media briefings and spectator areas and designated media locations in rally stages before and during the rally.
These passes are dependent upon registration and the provision of the following information when applying:
1. Applicant’s name (all individual names for TV crews, including technicians, must be provided)
2. Function or title
4. Email address
5. Mobile telephone number (for each person registering)
6. Name of media organisation being represented
7. Sports editor’s name and email address
8. Either (a) national press card number or (b) AIPS press card number or (c) PDF of a signed letter from their editor/producer accompanied by a scanned copy of the passport of the applicant.
9. All successful applicants must bring their identification documents with them when they collect their accreditation cards at the Media Centre, Kasarani Stadium from July 2 2019.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: midnight EAT, Monday 3 July 2019.
All requests for media accreditation are to be sent by email only to: email@example.com.
All successful applications will receive a confirmation email.
2019 Accreditation Media
2019 Media Advisory